Welcome to ukhomeswap.co.uk Our website is a mutual exchange service for tenants to find a council exchange online. We have council house exchange listings all over the uk,
scotland, ireland and wales listed on this website. Our website is for council and housing association tenants. Registration is quick and easy and once registered you get access to
all council exchange adverts and features of our website. We have thousands of tenants visiting our website everyday looking for a mutual exchange.
To register and find out what our members get please see the membership benefits below.
http://www.exuk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=18223http://s810.photobucket.com/albums/zz27 ... 1988_2010/
We have a three bedroomed house five minutes drive from the attractive cathedral city of Hereford. We live in an area called Tupsley; this is considered to be the most sought after area in the city. This estate is the most popular because of its location, 95% of people have purchased their own homes and have lived here for years. This is a standard terraced house with steps to the front and rear, with a brick built outhouse, there is a large car park to the rear of the property and garages can be rented. This is a 1960s estate, its not an attractive new build, (the Google street view map is not up to date and there is a big building restoration project being completed, to make the houses and maisonettes (of which there are very few) more attractive). It’s all about location and why we swapped to here from Dorset. I had grown up in Tupsley, left, but would only move back Hereford, if we were this side of town. It’s a clever location, but most of all, its safe. The nursery, infant primary, secondary Schools and three further education Colleges are five minutes’ walk away. It's an almost traffic free walk, which children can walk alone. The sixth form college is considered to be one of the best in the country. If you want faith schools, there is a large Church of England Secondary school ten minutes walk away. The large Catholic secondary school is two miles away and the School bus runs through the estate. All of the schools are the most sought after in Hereford. One of the great things about this estate is its proximity right next to a two hundred nature reserve. Its 2 minutes away, it’s like living in the country, but having all the facilities of the city. The nature reserve is animal free from February to September, so none of the country side smells. A lovely children’s park, with all new play equipment borders this nature reserve and children from a young age play out unaccompanied. The children are allowed on the school playing field after school, so there is always a game of football going there, or in the park, it’s an old fashioned childhood! There are also tennis courts at the local secondary school, 1 minute walk away. We also have several beautiful parks within a few minutes walk away, which includes Churchill Gardens and Aylestone Park, which offer stunning views of all over Herefordshire and beyond. The country side is lovely; it is worth getting a dog just to experience it. As well as woodland trails, there is a stunning 50 acre lamas meadow called the Lugg Meadows, it is bordered by a beautiful, clean river which has lots of little beaches and is great for swimming and picnics. It is the largest meadow of its kind in the country.In our area there a several good shops and is well served by public transport. Hereford City is just the right size, lots of shops, it has every supermarket you can think of, a vibrant night scene, excellent rail and bus links to Bristol, Birmingham and Cardiff, which all have brand new shopping centres and are great for a day out. Hereford is also very much a 'cafe culture' sort of city, we have every major coffee chain (Starbucks, Costa, Nero etc.), as well as lot's of other little sophisticated cofee shops, with large outdoor seating areas. The Brecon Beacons National Park in Wales, The Wye Valley, Symonds Yat, Queenswood, Haugh Woods and the Forest of Dean are half an hour away.
There is also the world famous Hay Festival, Big Chill, Bromyard Folk festival and Cheltenham Festival.
• Hereford is one of the safest places to live in the UK.
• Hereford is also a thriving and vibrant City in its own right. It may be surrounded by the most breathtaking countryside, but the city itself has a lively pub scene which caters for all tastes. It has a great nightlife scene with good clubs.
• There are a lot of restaurants and eateries – all the big chains are here, plus lots of independent ones.
• It has a great arts scene.
• If sport, leisure and fitness is your thing, than you will definitely be spoilt for choice here! There are a huge number of gyms and fitness centres, as well as health and spa clubs. Sports facilities – tennis courts, athletics, rugby, football, open parks, cycling trails, excellent places to go running, the leisure centre and leisure pool, plus lot’s more!
• If you love the outdoors, then you are in the best place in England for it. You can participate in every outdoor activity you can think of here! There are lots of outdoor sports clubs or you can just take advantage yourself of the gorgeous, large River Wye (or Lugg and Frome), cycling trails, forests, woods, hiking, rambling, swimming etc. Or you can make use of the nearby mountains and national parks. Hereford has the advantages of a city combined with rural beauty.
To conclude, you can walk the streets in safety after dark, park your car without any worries (but you don't even need a car - everything is so convenient!). There are lots of employment opportunities. Any problems the estate had have all been moved on.
*Herefordshire Housing is award-winning* *There is no right to buy*
*It is also the most swappable area - everyone wants this part of Hereford*
Property Details and Contact details:
Sorry only members can contact the owner of this advert and view full advert details Join now
Ukhomeswap provides a council house exchange, mutual exchange and homeswap service to tenants looking to swap there homes online.
Registration is required to access all exchange adverts and features. The page you are viewing is advert HEREFORD to BRIGHTON/LONDON/SOUTH COAST. Registration is required to contact this member.